The 2018 Modern Modeling Methods conference will be held May 22-May 23, 2018 at the University of Connecticut. Keynote speakers include Susan Murphy, Peter Molenaar, and Tenko Raykov. In addition, on May 21, Susan Murphy will offer a full-day pre-conference workshop on Just In Time Adaptive Intervention Designs and on May 24, Tenko Raykov will offer a full-day post-conference workshop on Item Response Modeling within a Latent Variable Modeling Framework. To register for the conference, go to https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=2098305
If you have booked an airport shuttle through conference services and you have any logistical questions or questions about the airport shuttle, please contact them directly at email@example.com
All of the conference keynotes, and concurrent sessions are scheduled to take place at the University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT). Generally, all workshops, keynotes, and paper presentations take place in Laurel Hall, which is a short (5-7 minute) walk from the Nathan Hale Inn and the South campus dorms. Laurel Hall is behind the Student Union building, which is located at 2110 Hillside Road. If you are staying on campus, you should park your car in the lot and walk to events—you won’t find legal parking any closer than the hotel/dorm parking lots. If you are driving in each day, park in the South Garage (505 Stadium Road) and bring your ticket to the registration desk to be validated. Registration opens at 7:30 am on Tuesday in the Laurel Hall atrium, and the conference will begin at 8:30am.
The pre and post conference workshops will take place in Laurel Hall, 2100 Hillside Road, Storrs, CT. Again, if you are staying on campus, leave your car parked and walk to Laurel Hall. If you are driving in that morning, park in the South Garage (505 Stadium Road) and bring your ticket to the registration desk to be validated. The pre-conference workshop begins at 8:30 AM on Monday, and the post-conference workshop begins at 8:00 AM on Thursday.
If you are presenting a paper, please bring your paper presentation on a flash/thumb drive. Each presentation room has a PC computer and a projector. The presentations flow more smoothly if everyone loads their presentations onto the desktop before the session begins. Also, we ask that the last presenter in each of the concurrent sessions serve as the chair/time keeper so that all papers receive adequate and equal presentation time. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your presentation.
If you are bringing a poster, it should be no larger than 4 feet tall by 6 feet wide. We will supply thumbtacks. Please come to the Student Union Ballroom at 4:45pm to hang your poster. Your poster number is in the program book, with your abstract.
If you are staying in the Nathan Hale hotel, the street address is 855 Bolton Road, Storrs, CT. The hotel phone number is 860-427-7888. If you are staying in the South Campus residence halls, you need to check in at the housing desk in Rome Hall (South Campus building D). The street address is 626 Gilbert Road Ext. Storrs, CT.
Tentative MMM 2018 Conference Schedule-
Pre-conference- Monday, May 21, 2018
- Coffee, continental breakfast, and Registration
- 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM- Laurel Hall Atrium
- During this time, you will be able to check in for any and all workshops you may have registered for, as well as the general conference.
- Pre-Conference Workshop: Just In Time Adaptive Interventions (Susan A. Murphy)
- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM in Laurel Hall (Room TBA)
- Lunch will be on your own. The student union has a variety of food choices including a food court and a sit down restaurant.
- For those staying at the Nathan Hale Inn, your parking will be at the hotel.
- For those staying in the South Campus Dorms, you will park in the parking lot behind the dorm. You should register your car via the parking link on the registration page.
- For those who are driving in (and are not affiliated with the UConn Storrs main campus), please park in the South Garage. Please bring your parking pass with to the workshop you so we may validate your ticket.
- Interactive campus map: http://maps.uconn.edu/index.php
Conference Information- Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- Coffee, continental breakfast, and Registration- 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Laurel Hall Atrium
- Opening Keynote- Susan Murphy- 8:30am in Laurel Hall Room 102
- Concurrent Sessions 10:30-12:00- Laurel Hall
- Lunch- 12:00-1:15 in the Student Union Ballroom
- Concurrent Sessions 1:15-3:15- Laurel Hall
- Keynote Session- Peter Molenaar- 3:30-4:45- Laurel Hall
- Poster Session and Reception 5:00-6:30- Student Union Ballroom
Conference Information- Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- Coffee, continental breakfast 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM
- Concurrent sessions 8:00 AM-12:00 PM- Laurel Hall
- Lunch 12:00-1:00 in the Student Union Ballroom
- Concurrent Sessions 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM- Laurel Hall
- Closing Keynote- Tenko Raykov- 2:45-4:00 in Laurel Hall Room
Post-conference Information- Thursday, May 24, 2018
- Coffee, continental breakfast 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- Post-conference workshop: Item Response Theory from a Latent Variable Modeling framework- Tenko Raykov
- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM in Laurel Hall (TBA)