There are three choices for accommodations for the MMM conference: our on-campus hotel* , a single dorm room with shared bath or a double dorm room with shared bath. The dorm rooms are relatively new and they are air conditioned; however, they are still dorm rooms. Sheets are provided for the beds, but you will need to make your own bed, and there isn’t any daily maid service. The dorm rooms are suites— two bedrooms are on either side of a shared bathroom. This means that if you’re in a single dorm room with a shared bath, you share your bathroom with one other person. If you are in a double dorm room with a shared bath, you share the bathroom with three other people. The price of the double dorm rooms is $45.00 per night, the price of the single dorm rooms is $60.00 per night. You can reserve a dorm room when you register for the MMM conference, and you can add a dorm room to your registration at any time (until registration closes in May.)
If you are booking a room at the campus hotel, make sure you use the group code MMM2020, which should give you a discounted rate of $144 per night. You can call the hotel directly at 860 427 7888 or go to their website— https://www.graduatehotels.com/storrs/ Please use the conference booking code “MMM2020” , under the Group code option under the special codes section while booking so that you obtain the discounted rate and so that the hotel knows that you are with the Modern Modeling Methods conference.
The nearest airport is Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Windsor Locks, CT, which serves the Hartford metropolitan area. The airport is about 40–45 minutes from UConn’s campus. Most major airlines, including Southwest, USAirways, American, Delta, and United service Bradley International Airport. The T. F. Green airport in Providence, RI (PVD) is only about 75–80 minutes from UConn, and sometimes airfares are less expensive into Providence. However, please note that we do NOT provide airport transportation from the Providence airport, and a taxi from Providence to Storrs would be very expensive. However, if you are planning to rent a car for the week, this might be a good option.
Transportation to and from the airport
Taxis to Storrs cost about $80.00 each way. In addition, some ride share services (such as Uber and Lyft) also service the Hartford airport. If you are planning to use Uber, be sure to sign up and download the Uber app before you arrive at the airport. Please note: We do not endorse particular any ride share or taxi services.
- Graduate Storrs / Nathan Hale hotel, the street address is 855 Bolton Road, Storrs, CT. The hotel phone number is 860-427-7888.
- The South Campus residence halls, you need to check in at the housing desk in Rome Hall (South Campus building D). The street address is 626 Gilbert Road Ext. Storrs, CT.
- All sessions will be held in McHugh Hall, which is a 5-10 minute walk from the campus dorms and the campus hotel.
- For those staying at the Graduate Storrs /Nathan Hale Inn, your parking will be at the hotel.
- For those staying in the South Campus Dorms, you will park in the parking lot behind the dorm. Parking services will provide a link for parking passes prior to the conference.
- For those who are driving in (and are not affiliated with the UConn Storrs main campus), please park in the South Garage. Please bring your parking pass with to the workshop you so we may validate your ticket.